Sunday, December 7, 2008

Run For India

Today, I participated in a Marathon organized by Running and Living. It was an effort to unite and show rage against 26 Nov terror attacks in Mumbai.

The event was at Leisure Valley Garden, Gurgaon. The spirit was so high that I managed to reach the venue at 7:15 A.M., 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time and that too on a Sunday. I opted for 5 km track. I was really surprised to see the enthusiasm in people. There were people of all age groups, ranging from 70 years to kids of 6 years. Kudos to all of them!

Long back, I used to be a good runner in my school time. And I used to run a lot especially relay races. But this was the first time I participated in marathon. I did not find it that exhausting, probably because temperature was low and I normally take a brisk walk of about an hour on a daily basis.

I do not know how much I contributed to the noble cause for which it was held, but yes, I gained a lot of confidence. I feel proud that I was a part of it.

This morning event made my day.

1 comment:

Yogesh said...

even i was there....its reall nice to see...people coming forward and putting their thought on a public forum....kudos to you!
Regards,
Yogesh Thakker